Friday, December 12, 2008

Warning: this is a post about random things

I've been driving for about 2 years now and just thought about the price of gas. When I first started driving gas was $1.84, approximately. I am now paying $1.57 most of the time and can fill my tank from empty for about $16. Yes, gas did get almost up to $4 but now I am paying less then when I first got my permit.


Today Mum,Maliea and I went to Salvation Army for some fun and I found this set of luggage:


No I'm not going anywhere soon but I fell in love with them and their price,$2.00. Another cool thing about it is there was still info about the previous owner in it; Antonetta Ranft lived in Glendale and is(or was) in her 70's in 2001, or so says the doctors note in the luggage. Also there was a to-do list in it reminding her to take some clothes to the cleaners and call Sue up at the cabin. Fun or what? or at least it is to me.

Which brings me to my other fun thing. It's a saying from the movie Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium," I'm practicing the euphonium, I thought I would give a concert in the psyche ward tomorrow." Mr. Magorium says this as he is sitting in a hospital bed with nothing wrong with him, this is because Mahony doesn't want him to depart from this world. If you haven't watch the movie then you really should look it up, it's on my top ten. It's one of the best movies for kids and adults. Have fun thinking I'm off to fix a Christmas tree that fell down.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

OH OH! My favorite part of that movie is "You think I should get a running start?" I just love it!!!!!

Trace told me you got some cool vintage luggage, I too purchased a nice set years ago at Salvation Army and you know what? Mine were just like yours only green and didn't have any treasures in them.