Monday, January 19, 2009

In your hands

This is a poem that was read to me by my Mum yesterday, it really rang true to what I know to be true. I know that if you read it you will be as touched as I was. Thank you Tammy for posting on your blog for me to hear.


A basketball in my hands is worth about $19.
A basketball in Michael Jordan's hands is worth about $33 million.
It depends whose hands it's in.

A baseball in my hands is worth about $6.
A baseball in Mark McGuire's hands is worth $19 million.
It depends whose hands it's in.

A tennis racket is useless in my hands.
A tennis racket in Venus Williams' hands is a championship winning.
It depends whose hands it's in.

A rod in my hands will keep away a wild animal.
A rod in Moses' hands will part the mighty sea.
It depends whose hands it's in.

A sling shot in my hands is a kid's toy.
A sling shot in David's hand is a mighty weapon.
It depends whose hands it's in.

2 fish and 5 loaves of bread in my hands is a couple of fish sandwiches.
2 fish and 5 loaves of bread in God's hands will feed thousands.
It depends whose hands it's in.

Nails in my hands might produce a birdhouse.
Nails in Jesus Christ's hands will produce salvation for the entire world.
It depends whose hands it's in.
As you see now, it depends on whose hands it's in.
So put your concerns, your worries, your fears, your hopes, your dreams, your family, and your relationships in God's hands because.....It depends whose hands it's in.

3 comments:

Britty said...

Okay i understand better now. It was meant to be a lighter, humerous poem compared to the others I had to write in my creative writing classes. Thanks for the comments! I would love to get to know you better!

O said...

wow, thats a touching poem hun =)i needed that today. i love you and hope your doing well.

-ali

Tammy said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it, I'll make sure to let Emily know. :)