Thursday, June 12, 2008

back from camp!

I'm back. This year I bit off a lot more then I thought I could chew but I got it all done and I think even did a pretty good job doing it. If I do say so my self. Me and Sarah were in charge of the flag ceremony for the whole week. Which meant that we had to talk to all the wards that were to be in the ceremony every day! For certification I put that the new skill I had learned was communication between wards. I don't think that that really counted but that is what I learned.
I also had to sing for the talent show... I don't think that I sounded good but everyone else liked it. I was also in charge of leading the music for Sunday. The leader wanted me to start us off on a note. Yup. That's right, I had to hum a note in the mike so everyone knew what to start off on. And get this! The head leader for the music stuff told me what note to hum. These weren't new songs or something the girls didn't know. SO! Other then that the girls we were YCLing for thought that we were complete freaks, not even a joking about that! Luckily one of the three warmed up to us at the end. I guess that is what you get when all of them are cheerleaders and you have art and drama freaks for your YCLs. I hope that they had a good year though because I thought that they were really good and happy girls who will be amazing YCLs next year.

One of the most funny things happened to me and Sarah. It was really late and we were literally falling asleep on the tables in the lodge. When we finally were ready to get up and go to our cabin we decided to go to the bathroom first. There was a bottle of GermX on the counter, I say was because I think that we used most of it in our water/GermX fight. I can't remember how it started but in the end I was completely soaked with water and Sarah had GermX all over her shirt. I and everyone else do however remember that I laughed so hard that I started to hysterically cry for 5 minutes! According to Maloree I am emotionally confused. Sarah and I also got sick to the point that we almost throw-up.Thank you Sis. Hill for the food that helped us get up and continue in all of our responsibilities with flag and singing I don't think that I would have made it otherwise. Other then that I didn't get hurt at all! That is a big thing considering that I have been hurt for all but my first year of camp! YAY for balance and water! I am kind of glad that it is my last year because next year is ward camp and I don't think that I like the sound of that. Yay for a good last year and a step to the next chapter of my life as I move on from all that I have done my teen years and will not be doing next year.

No comments: