Monday, November 3, 2008

Long time without all my randomness

WARNING: LONG POST
It's been a while since the last post. I think that the term 'Running till you can't no more' is the perfect thing to say about me. I run till I can't and then I sleep through dinner and can't go to sleep when I should! That is what happened today. I was so tired from work and seminary that I took a nap at 3:30 and didn't get up till 6:30, It's now 10:30 and I am more awake then I have been in the last few weeks!


Right now I really am enjoying school and people don't believe me when I say it. I just saw a Sister from our old ward and she gave me a bit of a startled look when I told her that I love the way that I am doing school and that I learn more this way then most likely if I was in public school. This is a women who never approved of me being home schooled. hehehe.

One joke in my family is what kind of animal you would like to be when you are reincarnated( we are LDS and don't believe in reincarnation but it is always a funny thing to joke about). I used to think that it would be the life to be a bear, you only have your kids stay with you for 2 years, you get to sleep for half the year in a warm cave or log and you get to eat and play all the time. Then I started to think about it a little bit more... Look at all the things that could go wrong! So instead I think I'll be a house cat. Your kids get sold after a few weeks of having them, you get fed by your humans, you get played with and pet all the time, and the whole cat nap thing... Yep that's it, I'm going to be a house cat in the next life!

Wednesday I'm going to the Mesa Temple with my YW group. I love the temple and can't wait. It's kind of a personal commandment given to me to go to the Temple as much as I can and I'm just fine obeying it. One thing is that I hope we don't rush through it like last time. I think we stayed in the Temple for 30 minutes at the most. Partly because there was no one else there and because we had only about 8 young women at the time. I don't think that we have much more now though.I just need to remember to bring that 700 page book I'm reading for the ride there. It's really interesting it's just that I read really slow, even though I read all the time.

For those that don't know (or didn't see me) for Halloween I was Mary Poppins. I was not very smart for breaking in the shoes the night of Halloween but other then that I had fun giving out 'spoons full of sugar' to all the little kids as I walked around. I was only asked to sing by Elice S. and Bro. Tenny. I think I did pretty good for the most part, it was only hard to sing after I ate all Lydia's candy. Thanks Lins for sharing Halloween this year with me!

I think that after all these years I will always love Shakespeare. It was one of those things that I really enjoyed when I first started to read. My favorite(among many) quotes is the last words of Puck in A Midsummer Night's Dream.

"If we shadows have offended,

think of this and all is mended-

that you have but slumber'd here,

while these visions did appear.

and this weak and idle theme,

no more yielding but a dream,

Gentles, do not reprehend:

If you pardon, we will mend.

And, as I am an honest Puck,

If we have unearned luck

Now to 'scape the serpent's tongue,

we will make amends ere long;

Else the Puck a liar call:

So, good night unto you all.

Give me your hands, if we be friends,

and Robin shall restore amends." [Exit

Now, as you might know already, I am tired now and must go to seminary and work tomorrow. So good night unto you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great new blog setting! Glad to see you are still around

Shawna said...

MY FAVORITE QUOTE!! Sophmore year, Drama class, we had to memorize one Shakespeare monolog and I chose that one!!

Britty said...

okay #1) Hello, you dont know me, but I am Clintons girlfriend here in Alaska! Ive gone too long without introducing myself!
#2) I have this same picture of charlie chaplin on my blog!! And I love shakespeare too!