Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Temple


One thing I love about the temple is that every time I do confirmations I can just see all the souls in heaven rejoicing over that one little thing. Something that we take for granted and just count off, or at least that is the way I used to think of it when I was a Beehive.
Another thing that really struck me today was how quiet the temple really is from all the other places in this world. You will always hear the traffic all around it but other then that it is the truest kind of quiet, It's spiritually quiet. I could really feel all the peace of mind and spirit there and that is something that I don't feel very much anymore, I always am thinking of the things I need to do next. I really felt like I was the only person there. I was looking out on half the grounds and there was no one else around me or in sight. I am so happy that I live within driving distance of a temple and that there are going to be three more in this state.
I really started thinking about time today and how we let it go so fast without even realizing it. Thank you Beehives for being good in the temple and really showing me a bit of how I felt when it was my first time. You all were really excited and happy to go into the temple and learn about something that you'll do again and again in the future. They were all so interested in all the little things about it: the way that you hold you hands for baptizing, the font itself, etc. It was just so much fun watching them!..... I guess that all that interest and fascination turned to energy after we left though because they went off. That might be enough said!
I love the temple and always love the way that I feel after it. A big thanks to all of our leaders for putting up with us all and loving it all the while...most of the time :)

I think that It might be time for bed since I just said flink pamingos instead of pink flamingos to my mum!

No comments: