Monday, January 31, 2011

Sometimes I like to be read to

Can you remember those books that you used to read over and over again? I have one of those books. I first read Little Women when I was 10, and have read it many times since then. As you can imagine-in my mind- I was always Jo. Always wanted to be something I wasn't.
Reading has been my escape from life right now, and as I am in the middle of two other books I decided that I would get the audio book of Little Women instead this time. I feel like I am 12 years old again! I listen and all I can think of are times that were simple. I was the most awkward child growing up. believe you me, but it was the year I was most happy. I wasn't worried about boys or how I looked, unlike most of my friends at the time.If I was smart enough, or even if others would like being around me. I was just fighting, and losing against growing up.
It was the year before my mum got remarried, the year before I met my first heart break, and a year-ish before I moved to Prescott.
All of these were good improvements in my life though I didn't know it at the time.
I know I am here for a reason. It may just be to want simplicity in my life again. Who knows! But I am here, and I am healing for the first time since I was at that simple age in life. I may just find it again:)

No comments: