Saturday, July 14, 2007

Immortal

For the last few days I was up in flagstaff......
Ok you got me, I've been home for a few days but haven't gotten on the Internet because I know how much mail I would have when I did finally get on.
But now I am here and am ready to blog.
At first the title on this won't make sense, but if you keep reading then it'll unfold for you.
In my life I have been told-literally-that nothing seems to effect me emotionally because I am so mature and strong that it just seems to bounce off. This is not true just for you to know.
And in some way I think that we all think this way about some one in our lives, I know now that I do.
When I was in flagstaff I went for a day to see my Grandparents from Tennessee. I have always been a Grandpa's girl for as long as I could remember, but I never thought that my Grandpa,
the strong and quite person that I have known forever could cry.
As he was talking about my Great Grandmother-his Mother- and how she is loosing her short term memory, Aunt Polly with her disabilities, and his brother, who he watched die right in front of him in a hospital bed not to long a go his eyes began to fill with tears. And I knew that he is as human as I am as I watched him fight to keep the tears from coming out for me to see.
Just as I was saying.... We all think of some one in our lives to be 'immortal' when they are the same as us just wanting to be strong for every one around them.
That is my Grandpa.... Strong,Patient,Quite and always loving.
He is my immortal and always will be.

No comments: