Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The less you have...

The more you appreciate!
After being on a four day trek with no showers or clean toilets you really do learn to appreciate the little things that are so second nature to us in this day and age.
Ok, so one of the days on the trek we were aloud to wash our hair with old fashion soap but you know that it just isn't the same.
Even though we were all very happy to get back to or showers and our every day lives most of us really didn't want the trek to end.
If I hadn't been in the family that I was set with I know that I wouldn't have known all of the awesome people that I got to know. I know that at first everyone wasn't very sure of the family that they ended up with because I know that most of the teens didn't know each other, but when at the end all of the brothers and sisters in my family got up and bore their testimony everyone in our family said that they didn't want to go home because they really felt like we were all family and that they knew once we left that that feeling would not be the same.
It was so amazing that when we all got up to share our testimony of the church that the spirit was so strong that even the strongest guys in our family started crying with all of the overwhelming emotions of the trek and what that meant to all of us individually.
The handcarts at times were hard for us to push and we all got many bruises and pains but we all as a family would sing one hymn over and over and we would feel like the the cart was lighter at times, and this hymn I've been singing for as long as I know and it has never meant so much to me in the past.
' I Need Thee Every Hour'
This is going to be a song that will always remind me of the trek and the spiritual experience that it brought to us all.
Right after the trek our bishop came up to me and gave me a hug and with out him even saying the word I knew what he was going to say....
Yes I talked in sacrament meeting about it and I know that I did it credit when I looked back and saw the man that asked me to talk crying.
I haven't even told the smallest bit of it in this entry but I'll tell you this...
I would do it over a thousand times again if I could.

1 comment:

Ninny said...

Oh! I have been waiting for you to post. I am so excited that you got to do this. I have ALWAYS wanted to and have not had the chance yet. I felt the Spirit strongly as I read your words. Thank you for sharing this little piece of your heart. Hooray for wonderful spiritual experiences.
Have you read Fire of the Covenant by Gerald Lund? It's the historical/fiction of the Martin and Willie companies- so good!