Saturday, January 26, 2008

E. coli 0157:H7 and Mad Cow Disease

This Morning I thought that I would read an Article from Mother Earth News for light reading.
What I didn't think that it would take me longer then I though to finish and that I have now made a never to eat anything unless I research where it came from.
Yes the article was about beef. I normally am not a big fan of meat anyway because I simply don't like the way that it tastes or feels like in the mouth, but after reading this article I refuse to eat it with the strongest conviction. Of course though after I was finished reading my body told me that it's sugars were low and needed to eat with in the next 30 minutes. I walked into the kitchen and looked around.These were some of the thoughts that went around in my mind,"Spinach had been recalled months ago because of E.coli. Sonic no longer sells anything with peanut butter because of E.coli. What pesticides do they use on apples? what chemicals have they inducted in chicken to make chicken breast so large!?!"
Please read this and you will understand where I am coming from when I say it is a dangerous world we live in. http://www.motherearthnews.com/Livestock-and-Farming/2008-02-01/What-You-Need-to-Know-About-the-Beef-You-Eat.aspx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ew. thanks chaiya, for ruining meat for me....you're a pal.

megan said...

so are you just starving????

Chy said...

I'm not starving, I'm just eating bread and drinking Hot Coco. Some day I will eat more but right now I am reading everything that I can about the food industry.

Anonymous said...

where were you at church today? no lame exuses...actually, it was really bad today...I mean, the lesson was great, and everything, but sister hinton totally embarrassed me!!! whatever, I'm just never going to do good news again, I'll sneak out and pretend to go to the bathroom or something....I just didn't have any good news...whatever, I'll just tell you later, not on a blog comment, LAME! but whatever. i won't see you until next sunday, I'm not going to be at mutual tuesday, but they're doing karaoke...so you should totally go. by the way bread, is like, hardcore carbs....eat celery! or bannanas! :)

Anonymous said...

chy chy...you're lame....why would you ever ask sister hinton if she embarrassed me? huh? lameness....i didn't want her to know it embarrassed me...:)gosh!

Anonymous said...

what the crap chy....? It's been like, way too long since you've updated your blog, girl. I'm busy too, but I make time for my blog....gosh! lol....haha, i love u, see you tommorrow....:)