Monday, February 4, 2008

In My Defense

Yes I know I have not posted in a little while. I have not had a proper amount of time to post anything on my blog though.In my defense here is a bit of my life right now for the last few days.
Thayne has broken his nose again for the third time in the whole 21/2 years of his life. Meaning that he will have nose bleeds at anytime without any warning. Lydia has had surgery to clear some granulomas out of her throat. We are cleaning all the time while Thayne is right behind us messing up what we have just cleaned. Other then that I've been doing homework and babysitting. All of this is a part of my crazy but loved life.
Those of you that have read my last post know that I no longer trust the food industry and am in the process of educating myself on what I consume. Here are some of the tools that I am using to do so. If you wish to be aware then I strongly recomend that you read and watch these too.

"In Defense Of Food" By Michael Pollan

"Fast Food Nation" By Eric Schlosser
This book is not just about fast food, it has important things we need to know and understand about the food industry as a whole. I also have rewatched Supersize me. Disgusting! that is all I have to say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why would you ever REwatch supersize me? I was forced to watch it in school, and that was ENOUGH!!!! Anyways, I just stopped eating sugar. No more bakery sugars, (worst kind of carbs), candy, and chocolate. It's an easy fix to a healthy lifestyle. Eat celery! Gosh! :)