Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Dear Dr. Seuss,
You have been an active role in my life, not only when I was little and just learning to read and write but also as I have grown to be the 16 year old that I am. We went to celebrate your birthday at the library today and I was just a little sad when I saw that there was nothing based from your book 'The Lorax'. I was sad till the librarian announced that they would be having a reading of the book. I was impressed that the man that was reading The Lorax could read it that fast and only fumble once. I am still not satisfied though, so I think that I will be making a UNLESS Lorax T-shirt in the next few days. Even though The Lorax is my favorite, all of your books have been a help to me in learning how to speak clearly and enunciate all my words as I read them to my siblings. Just not to long ago I had the privilege of reading 'Oh, the places you'll go!' and because of all the reading when I was a younger I was able to read it without any stuttering. And yes, when I was little I wanted 'jump on dad' more then anything. You may know what I am talking about but no one else did. Don't worry I got the book but only because I found the book in the store, brought it to mom and proceeded to ask to have the jump on dad book.
I guess what I am trying to say is thank you for the amazing memories that you have given me through your words. Happy 104Th Birthday Theodor Seuss Geisel!

No comments: