Monday, May 12, 2008

Art Museum



I have always loved art of all kinds. I would look through art books all the time when I was younger just for fun. So when we heard about the Masterpiece Replayed at the Phx Art Museum we knew that it would be a once in a life time thing. The really cool thing about the exhibit is that it was only shown in Phx and one place in Washington. So to say that it was once in a life time is almost literal.
This picture was painted by Jean Leon Gerome. Called 'Duel after the masked ball' painted in 1857. It was one of my favorites because it was one I haven't seen before. I had seen painting of Gerome's but not this one and wasn't surprised to learn that it was by him.
I am so glad that I had this opportunity to see all of them and learn more by getting up close. Literally, the guards were watching me closely. :)

No comments: