Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I Love it When...

People say stupido things like, 
"I know how you feel"
"I understand what you are going through"
Or even better yet,
"I completely understand because..." and then they go to their story.
I know that in life that others understand what is going on, but they in no way understand how the other is feeling. It isn't possible. It is simply a figure of speech. 
People often say that artists are tortured individuals. In complete honesty, we are simply the only ones who are willing to express the feelings inside in a way that is visible to others. Without a way to express ourselves we would be tortured.
 I wish I was better at expressing myself with words. I wish that with all my heart. I can't do that without hurting others I feel though. Whenever I open up I feel I hurt those that are closest to me. I used to carry notebook after notebook around with me. Now, I have tools of the artist's trade. I create plans and pieces. I try to create art. There is no true definition of what art is. The artist is only limited to the imagination.

No comments: