Thursday, July 10, 2008

EFY

What I didn't tell anyone was that I was having a really hard time with my testimony before I went to EFY. Not even girls camp(which usually helps) didn't scratch it. I went and it was nothing that I was expected it to be but was everything I needed. Now though, I have realized that I have been asleep and need to just wake-up from this comatose I've been in for far to long. I realized I am not satisfied with where I am at in life and know that I need to change things. I have this song in my car that I don't really listen to half the time. Today though as I was on my way to pick up my brother from a friends I hear it the way I needed to for the first time. " I'm sorry for the person I've became. I'm sorry that It took so long for me to change. I'm ready to never become that way again... cause who I am hates who I've been." Not In literally for me hating myself but realizing comes close.
Everyone in my group and more must think that I am the biggest crier in the world. I started to cry toward the end of the EFY song and didn't stop till the end of the testimony meeting... Then cried some more at the dorms. There was this guy who was not in our group who gave me and Allison tissue. After I thought that I was done crying! I can't remember him name but when he gave it to us he gave me a look like ' you need this more then I do'. Thank you!.. as I am laughing through my tears.
Inside joke,'Tithing slips look just like police tickets'. If you really want to know then you have to ask me in an email or in person. Yes, that one is for you Varga! hehehe
I didn't think that it would be good when I first walked up to sign in and all I saw were the run of the mill Prep, Jock and Cheerleader Mormon kids. I was wrong, and really glad I was. I met people I would have never met other wise and had experiences I will never forget. I think I was well worth the money and will do it next year if life permits.


P.S. All the pictures were not from my camera. I am lazy and didn't want to upload them! Thanks Debi for setting up the photobucket. ~Chy

1 comment:

Katie said...

Chaiya!!!!!!!! I'm so glad I found you! It sounds like EFY was amazing; I am so, so happy for you! Love you!